In a perfect world we have a list of the best prospects, they answer the phone the first time you reach out, and you close the deal all in one scoop. The reality sets in and studies show that only 2% of sales are made on the first call. You have to continue to reach out to the prospect and more than one or two times. Your persistence is going to be your best friend. Don’t go stalker on me though, but there is a sweet spot for drive and motivation. Below is a list of shocking sales statistics on why you should never give up.
- 48% of salespeople never follow up with a prospect
- 25% of salespeople make a second contact and stop
- 12% of salespeople make only three contacts and stop
- 10% of salespeople make more than three contacts
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth-twelfth contact
Don’t let these stats scare you. Numbers won’t always tell the full story, but definitely spotlights that drive will take you further in your sales plan. Your greatest opportunity to manage your success lies in your ability to persist. Be creative in the ways you contact prospects and keep your name in their face. Don’t let a few objections detour you from your goal of closing more deals.
Have more crazy stats? Feel free to share and continue the conversation in our comments.