In the digital world, visibility is key, especially in an industry like insurance where the competition is fierce and you’re forced to fight for your clients’ attention and business. How do you stand out from the crowd? How do you make a good first impression and encourage insurance-seekers to reach out?
A great first step to take is giving your online presence a little refresh for 2020 (or creating one, if you aren’t already online). Here are three easy steps you can take to establish yourself as a reputable and trustworthy agent!
Get Social! You’ve probably heard it a million times, but a great way to connect with prospective (and current) clients is over social media. Social platforms allow you to curate a professional, trustworthy brand that’s easy for clients to find and easy for you to use.
For the new year, try out a new social aesthetic! This can mean updating your header, logo, or tagline for your social pages. Tools like Canva make it easy to whip up social-sized images in a snap, and it’ll revamp the look of your platforms in no time.
Not interested in revamping your social look? Consider starting a new social campaign for 2020! Put together a gift basket with all kinds of goodies (coffee mugs, portable phone chargers, local snacks, gift cards, etc.), and set up a giveaway. Each share can equal one entry — this will get your page in front of new people while encouraging your current fans to get involved.
- New to social? How to Get Started: Create a Facebook page for your business and encourage your clients to like and share. It only takes a few minutes, and you can get started here. Looking for something a little more casual and immediate? Try Twitter! If you prefer to engage through graphics and pictures, create a business Instagram page and start connecting over that platform. LinkedIn is also a great option if you’d like to keep your communication more professional and polished.
- Bonus: Giving your clients another way to get in touch with you is a great way to boost communication. Each of the recommended social platforms have a direct message option, which will give prospective clients more options when deciding how to engage with you
Add a few new website features. Just like social, a new year could be the perfect time to refresh the look of your website! This doesn’t have to mean a complete redesign (although it can). You can add a widget that connects to your social media accounts and shares your latest posts, or whip up a new page with fresh reviews you’ve received in the last year. Add a chatbot, or implement a popup that encourages people to sign up for a newsletter. Give your color palate an update and add a bit of contrast to your call-to-action buttons. Small changes like this can keep your website feeling fresh and new.
- No website? If you’re not experienced with building websites, it can be daunting to consider doing it yourself. There are a ton of resources and tools out there that give you step-by-step instructions and feature drag-and-drop designs that make it easy to craft a simple website.
- How to Get Started: Here are a few of the most popular tools:
- Bonus: Not only will this make you “searchable” on Google, but it will also give you a platform to share content, updates, and special offers with your customer base. Plus, this gives your clients another communication option.
Branch out. The web is packed with groups and online spaces for everything imaginable. Get creative, and look for groups you can join where you can make contacts (or find new clients). Maybe that means finding a local Facebook page with volunteer opportunities, where you can connect with people in your community and potentially build some business opportunities. Is there a coffee club for small businesses in your town? Get signed up! Is a local car dealer looking for someone to co-host a charity car wash with? Reach out!
Make it a goal for 2020 to build new relationships that can help position your agency as trustworthy and involved.
There are endless opportunities to get connected in the digital space. Give your business a revamp for 2020, then give your sales funnel one, too! Get in touch with your Regional Director to learn more about our high-intent, real-time leads by calling 800.820.2981.